Tummy Tuck Full or Mini (Abdominoplasty) Surgery in Fairfax, VA
Victoria Plastic Surgery Provides Tummy Tuck Surgery Procedures for Those Looking in Removing Excess Fat and Having a Smooth Firm Abdomen. For More Information Call Us Today at (703) 293-5010. We Are Open 5 Days a Week.
What is a Tummy Tuck?
An abdominoplasty surgery, also know as Tummy tuck is a surgery procedure that eliminates extra fat, loose skin, and help strengthen separated muscles, helping firm and smooth the abdomen.
Many people work towards a flat and well-toned abdomen through exercise and weight control, though sometimes these methods don’t work.
Even those who are at a healthy weight and proportion can develop an protruding abdomen that is loose and sagging. Risk factors include:
- Prior surgery
- Significant fluctuations in weight
Be mindful that a tummy tuck does not fix stretch marks, nor does it replace weight loss or appropriate exercise programs. Although the results of a tummy tuck are technically permanent, significant fluctuations in your weight can negatively affect these benefits.
Recovery for Tummy Tuck
Dr. Suh’s team will apply medical dressings to your incisions. If necessary, you may need a small, thin, subdermal tube to temporarily to drain any excess blood or fluid.
Dr. Suh will give you specific instructions for a tummy tuck recovery including:
- Caring for the surgical area(s).
- Medications to apply or take orally for healing.
- Specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health.
- When you should schedule a follow-up.
Am I a Candidate For a Tummy Tuck?
You may be a candidate for a tummy tuck if:
- You are physically healthy and at a stable weight
- You have realistic expectations
- You are a nonsmoker
- You are bothered by the appearance of your abdomen