What is Body Contouring?
Surgical body contouring following major weight loss removes excess sagging skin and fat while improving the shape of the underlying support tissue. The result is a better-proportioned appearance with smoother contours.
Dramatic weight loss has many benefits. But after any substantial amount of weight loss due to weight loss surgery and/or lifestyle changes, the skin and tissues often lack the elasticity to conform to the reduced body size.
Body contouring procedures may include:
- Facelifts: This is for sagging located mid-face, in the jowls and the neck.
- Breast Lift: This is for sagging, flat breasts.
- Tummy Tuck: This is used to eliminate skin hanging over the abdomen.
- Lower Body Lifts: This is to eliminate sagging abdomens, buttocks, and inner and outer thighs.
- Medial Thigh Lifts: This is to fix sagging specifically in the inner thigh area.
- Arm Lifts: Used to specifically fix any sagging in the upper arms.
Recovery for Body Contouring
Dr. Suh’s team will apply medical dressings to your incisions. If necessary, you may need a small, thin, subdermal tube to temporarily to drain any excess blood or fluid.
Dr. Suh will give you specific instructions for breast reconstruction recovery including:
- Caring for the surgical site(s).
- Medications to apply or take orally to aid healing.
- Specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health.
- When you should schedule a follow-up.
Am I a Candidate for Body Contouring?
You’re a good body contouring candidate if:
- You are an adult whose weight loss has stabilized
- You do not have additional medical conditions or other illnesses that affect healing
- You do not smoke
- You are committed to a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and fitness