What is a Lower Body Lift?
A body lift enhances the shape and tone of the underlying tissue that supports skin and fat by removing excess sagging skin and fat. It includes lifting parts of the lower body as well. This procedure addresses:
- Abdominal area
- Lower back area
Body lifts are often accompanied by liposuction to remove excess fat deposits where skin has good elasticity and is able to naturally conform to new body contours.
Recovery for Body Lifts
Dr. Suh’s team will apply medical dressings to your incisions. You may also need to wear an elastic bandage to minimize the swelling. If necessary, you may need a small, thin, subdermal tube to temporarily to drain any excess blood or fluid.
Dr. Suh will give you specific instructions for thigh lift recovery including post-surgery care, medications, specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health, and when to schedule a follow-up. Don’t forget to ask Dr. Suh specific questions about what you can expect during recovery, such as:
- Where will I be taken immediately after surgery?
- When will you remove my stitches?
- Will there be drains? For how long?
- When can I bathe or shower?
- When can I resume my normal daily routine?
Am I a Candidate for a Body Lift?
You are a candidate if you are:
- Dealing with significant soft tissue looseness in one or multiple body areas
- Free of conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- Realistic with your specific goals for body contouring
- A non-smoker
- Committed to leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and fitness